Recipes Your Family Can Do During Quarantine
Easy & Delicious Recipes
In this time of crisis, home is where many of us are seeking refuge and solace. This is probably one of the most challenging events of our lives, but we’re here for you. Wherever you are in the world, I hope you are safe and sound at home. As we all facing the global COVID-19 crisis, it is very important that we are still nourishing ourselves with healthy foods, positivity, light and love.
The uncertainty that this events brought to our life also gives us some form of hope, a small gleam of light. Now, that most of us are doing the best we can to “flatten the curve” by social distancing and staying at home, cooking is one of the best way to express yourself and do something new. Cooking is a passion for most of us and in this time, it can keep us safe. Here are the Top 3 Quarantine recipes that you can do with your family to have some bonding time with each other.
1. Dalgona Coffee
This recipe become the most popular way to do your coffee with your friends, family, or even yourself. First seen in TikTok, and now in every social media platform.
2 tbsp. granulated sugar
2 tbsp. instant coffee
2 tbsp. cold water
Ice, for serving
Milk, for serving
- In a medium bowl, combine sugar, coffee and water. Vigorously whisk until mixture turns silky smooth and shiny, then continue whisking until it thickens and holds its foamy shape.
- Fill 3/4 of the glass with milk and ice, then swirl the whipped coffee mixture on top.
- Mix before drinking, if desired.
2. Mackerel Patties
I love seafood. A lot. These recipe is simple, cheap and very delicious Mackerel Patties to share with you. I love using canned mackerel in my recipes because of its flavor and impressive nutrient profile. There’s a lot of research done, indicating that regular consumption of Mackerel could help drop your blood pressure and cholesterol, protect against depression, and keep your bones healthy and strong.
Canned Mackerel in Brine
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
2 tbsp mayonnaise
2 tbsp of mustard
2 tbsp chopped chives or scallion
pinch of salt and pepper
canola or olive oil for frying
- Drain and debone the mackerel. Transfer to a mixing bowl
- Flake mackerel with fork into fine flakes
- Add the rest of the ingredients except for canola/olive oil, and mix well.
- Form medium sized balls of the mixture or use a 1/4 cup to shape into patties.
- In a pan with preheated small amount of canola/olive oil, on medium heat, put the medium sized balls and flatten it to shape into patties.
- Fry until golden brown on both sides.
You can make a simple burger with one slice American cheese, lettuce and tomatoes with two dash of hot sauce and mustard or make an ultimate burger with coleslaw, different types of cheeses and different types of sauces.
3. Chicken Broccoli Stir Fry
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 3/4″ pieces
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup chicken broth/stock
2 tbsp oyster sauce 1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/2 Tbsp fresh ginger, peeled and grated
2 medium garlic cloves, grated
2 tsp sesame oil,
4 Tbsp butter 2 tbsp of oil
1 1/4 lb broccoli (about 6 cups broccoli florets)
1 small onion, sliced
3/4 lb (12 oz) white button mushrooms, sliced
- Trim chicken breast of any excess fat and pat dry with paper towels.
- In a medium bowl, toss the chicken breast with 1/4 cup of flour until evenly coated. Remove the chicken and set aside.
- Use the bowl with the remaining flour from step 2 and add 1 cup of chicken stock, 1/4 cup honey, 1/4 cup soy sauce, 2 tbsp of oyster sauce, 1/2 tbsp of grated ginger, 2 cloves of grated garlic and 2 tsp sesame oil and stir until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat a wok or a heavy-bottomed skillet on medium high heat and add 2 tbsp of butter and 1 tbsp of oil (prevent the butter from burning). Once the butter is melted, add the chicken pieces and spread out evenly. Let chicken sit for a minute before stirring, then stir fry 5 minutes or until browned. Remove the chicken and set aside,
- Add another 2 tbsp of butter and 1 tbsp of oil on the same pan. Once oil is hot, add small broccoli florets, onions and sliced mushrooms to the pan and stir-fry for 4 minutes or until the mushrooms are softened.
- Stir the set aside sauce and then pour it to your hot vegetables. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Simmer 2 minutes or until sauce is thickened then toss in the chicken and cook until heated through. Serve over hot rice.
What are you cooking these days? Let us know in the comments.
Together, we are making a change for the better…
Due to the anxiety, fear and panic that COVID19 has brought worldwide, I am giving your first session as FREE, in hopes of helping you to go through this difficult times.